Looking for a underwater magnifying glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeycanuk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can't seem to find a decent sized (4"+) 10X real glass magnifying glass anywhere. Our guide in the Solomons had one and it really helped with the Pygmy seahorses. It has to be glass but I'm having a hard time finding one online as they are all plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just got Trident Aqua-Optics Mask magnifier set. You can put it inside your mask with the adhesive supplied

I just got Trident Aqua-Optics Mask magnifier set. You can put it inside your mask with the adhesive supplied

I've seldom seen those survive more than a few dives.

My buddy bought those. They fell off and got lost almost immediately. The adhesive they give you is bunk.

These work great, mail order for $2.25

POCKET MAGNIFIER

I hand them out on my dive trips. I cut off the plastic outer case and loop and lanyard through them.

Whatever you buy, make certain it is a single element GLASS lens.

I've bought from the dollar store. Worked just fine but had no way to attach a lanyard. So I sprung for the more expensive one at the local medical supplies store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom