Looking for a yak review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Advanced Concepts inflatable (actually, I own two of them: one is permanently packed in a small cabin at Wallowa Lake, Oregon); bought them through REI.

I have logistic problems too: small apartment. I really don't have a place to store a regular kayak.

I have not used it for diving (yet); but I'm intrigued at the idea and likely to try it out now that I've found this thread and club.

I HAVE used the inflatable to paddle on the Tampa Bay; in the Atlantic; and in rivers and lakes in the Pacific Northwest. It doesn't track as well as a rigid kayak with a rudder, but it doesn't track so badly that you can't get where you want to go...even with a little wind and surf.

Attachments

• 080316 HH Laura Kayaking.jpg
    080316 HH Laura Kayaking.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 104
I have an Advanced Concepts inflatable (actually, I own two of them: one is permanently packed in a small cabin at Wallowa Lake, Oregon); bought them through REI.

I have logistic problems too: small apartment. I really don't have a place to store a regular kayak.

I have not used it for diving (yet); but I'm intrigued at the idea and likely to try it out now that I've found this thread and club.

I HAVE used the inflatable to paddle on the Tampa Bay; in the Atlantic; and in rivers and lakes in the Pacific Northwest. It doesn't track as well as a rigid kayak with a rudder, but it doesn't track so badly that you can't get where you want to go...even with a little wind and surf.
With my inflatable (Sevylor DiveYak), I can get where I want to go. The problem is relative: if I am with people in rigid kayaks I am slower than they are and don't track as well as they do.

But, hey, it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom