Looking for advice on IDC/Tech training and working in Thailand for a year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GTRio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip to Thailand for next year and would like to start off with an IDC internship that would hopefully lead to work for the rest of the year, either with the same company or elsewhere. I have started taking decompression courses and would like to further my technical training as well and potentially earn a Tech Instructor certification so this is a concideration.

I would like some advice/recommendations/feedback/warnings? of dive instructor training operations and locations in Thailand from either owners or past students.

I am considering Phuket as a location and looking at a couple websites of training centers there but haven't been able to find much feedback on them.

I welcome comments here or PMs to keep things civilized.

Thanks in advance.
Brandon

I'd recommend either of these tech centers, on Koh Tao. Both will arrange IDC for you.

Jamie (PADI Course Director and DSAT Instructor Trainer) and Stuart operate the MV Trident, out of Koh Tao, and run DSAT and SSI tech courses. Their training includes a tech liveaboard trip :) Awesome guys, excellent training and mind-blowing dives! I did my DSAT Tech Deep Instructor course with Jamie - it was hardcore and excellently run.
Tech Thailand: MV Trident Technical Diving & Expeditions Koh Tao Thailand Wreck Rebreather CCR Cavern & Cave Divers

James (Kanada) runs also runs a great tech operation on Koh Tao. Former Royal Marine - he's got things running excellently there.
BIG BLUE TECH | Advanced Technical Diver Training in Thailand

James (Kanada) runs also runs a great tech operation on Koh Tao. Former Royal Marine - he's got things running excellently there.

Former Royal Marine tec diving instructor - that just sounds terrifying.

"Strap on those doubles, then drop and give me 20.... NOW!"

:D

There's a lot opf IDC centers here offering excellent training.

I've got a bit snooty inthe last few years and concentrate on teh tec training and expeditions.

There would be nothing stopping you coming to Koh Tao , doing your IDC and then continuing with me to do the tec. Unusally for the dive industry all teh CD's here get on very well, so we work well together

Contact me for details jamie@techthailand.com

Jamie

He's turned into a bit of a fatty lately, so not as scary as you'd think.

Saw him running down the beach the other day, I think a dog was chasing him.

Jamie

Yeah...it's more like "Strap on those sandals, then run to the bar and buy me 20.... NOW!"

:rofl3:

(just kidding Kanada...if you read this :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom