Looking for advice on IDC/Tech training and working in Thailand for a year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

to stay in thailand for that long you need a visa. You can get an educational visa, which lasts one year, but you are not allowed to work with that. But I guess your best bet is to get that first, until ur done with ur instructor training, and then apply for a work permit. My father, who lives there tells me that a permit cost about 1000 dollars, but i cannot confirm this at this point. But if you are going, you definitely need to look into this.

Also, I started my career of diving at Koh Tao, and I had the time of my life there. A true paradise! If I dont get accepted into my new university, im moving to thailand sometime around january 2010

Thanks for all the great replies.

I will definitely get in touch with some of the CD mentioned, or they can feel free to PM me:)

Cheers

I just read this thread today and wanted to add my 2 psi worth.

I can't say enough good things about Jamie and Stuart at techthailand.com. Their boat the MV Trident is actually very nice. They also seem to have access to unlimited amounts of O2 and Helium. So gases are never and issue, and the cost is more than reasonable.

On a personal level, it would be hard to find 2 individuals that are more on the ball than Jamie and Stuart. Doing any kind of Tech diving with them will be both thrilling and very safe. I can tell you this from personal experiance. These will be the guys that will be there for you.

That's very kind of you,John, ta!

You'll be pleased to know that I've gone to the dark side and got an Inspo. Can't beat them , join them.

Also just done some very cold, 4 degree C , 65m deep wreck dives in lake Michigan.

You lot are mad, we may have fish and coral getting in the way, but I don't have regs freezing up
( and this was in August)

Hope to see you back soon

J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom