Looking for BCD with a small-ish bladder (lift) OR solid tank support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiburonarizona

Registered
Reaction score
Small female (5'1", 110 pounds) looking for a new back inflate BCD with a small-ish bladder.
Reason: I don't use/need alot of weight, and it seems that the larger the bladder, the more "roll" I experience. I don't forsee needing more than 20# of lift. I know the Outlaw and Rogue have 12# bladder options, but I prefer a more traditional BCD with integrated weights (just not a old school jacket style BCD or BP/W). The other problem with the Outlaw and Rogue (for me) was that the tank hit my lower back and made walking on land difficult. Great for liveaboards, but you still have to walk a bit with the tank on your back.
With that being said, maybe a back inflate BCD with a stable tank support is more important than a smaller bladder to prevent rolling? I appreciate any opinions and suggestions, especially real life experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom