Looking for Cabo Dive Operator Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Need to be more specific when you say Cabo as there are boats out of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, plus boats that will take you elsewhere in the Baja. If you want a "quick hit" you"ll get a boat that wil get you there and back but nothing else.

We dove with Andromeda Divers in Cabo San Lucas and Mar y Sierra and Diving Station in Cabo Pulmo. All good operations but basic boats. I'm not sure what else you need when you're fifteen minutes from the dive sites.
To circumvent a 2 hour van ride back in sticky saltwater unable to rinse...This is what I am needing :)

Thank you. They have modest boats that don't have a hose to rinse off they said...

If you don't mind me asking. I have dived all over the world, on any number and variety of boats, and only one, that I recall, had a freshwater hose or shower.

Why is that such a high priority?

Thanks!

I get itchy dry skin...:(

That’s what I’m thinking but they said no facilities

Im not sure about the hose thing, but I've been with 3 different dive companies in Cabo, and if you want what I think are the best and nicest, serious, care about you....I'd go with Manta Divers. My 11 year old got certified there and well, they didn't care how much money they would lose they weren't gonna certify her until she was safe! I love that. Plus they are very very personable! Good gear, nice boats, very knowlegble etc.

My wife and I will be in Cabo San Lucas for the week of Sept. 2nd and we have been looking for an operator that runs a safe operations but hopefully smaller groups. Can anybody give current recommendations as a lot of the reviews are over a year old which means things may have changed?
We both have 300+ dives so we don't want to get stuck on a boat with all newbies. We all started there but our time is limited and we want to make the most of it.

How does Manta, Dive Cabo, and Amigos rate?

Other suggestions?

thanks.

We randomly picked a dive shop that was close to our resort. We were staying at Vila del Palmar, and picked Scuba Caribe. Being relatively new divers, we're always worried that we'll look like goons on a boat full of professionals. We were both a bit apprehensive when we got to the boat (at the marina) and it was a panga!

We dove for two days, morning and afternoon. The first morning there were 2 other divers on our boat. The first afternoon, there were 2 different divers on our boat. The second day, we had the boat all to ourselves.

Not only were the divemasters super friendly and top notch, they went out of their way to make sure we had fun. During our first surface interval, the DM thought he saw whales, so we spent the hour following whales; having one breech within 100 feet of the boat.

The boat wasn't fancy, but the diving was great ... well, as good as it's going to get in 66 degree water!
I would not hesitate to use them again.

Back
Top Bottom