Looking For Cheap, Digital Dive Watch (<60 Feet). Preferably On Amazon.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you need to know the time of day during a dive?

It's for some research I'm doing. I'll be recording fish behavior at specific times and will later be syncing that up with GPS coordinates.

Right now, trying to decide between a cheap Casio, the Mudder, or the Timex Ironman Classic. Will be pulling the trigger tonight.

There are other reasons why it's good to know the time. In shore diving, to know what time to return so that your parking meter doesn't expire. In boat diving, when the captain says "be back on board by 10."

It's for some research I'm doing. I'll be recording fish behavior at specific times and will later be syncing that up with GPS coordinates.

Right now, trying to decide between a cheap Casio, the Mudder, or the Timex Ironman Classic. Will be pulling the trigger tonight.
That sounds really interesting. It would be nice if you would let us know what sorts of things you find out.

When I was going through my instructor training class, I, and most of the other trainees, had fancy dive computers but nothing that would tick off the seconds easily. We all rushed to the local CVS drugstore and bought cheap watches for $5 each. I bought two just in case one did not work. I've had them for years and both are working and both have been taken deeper than 60 feet.
Couple ones pop into my head immediately.

Timex Ironman Classic ~$30 from amazon or elsewhere (Used one for years until I got into tech diving)
Timex Helix Dive Watch - Original ~$50 new; now ~$90 new if you can find one; ~$30 used in good shape

Two others that I've seen divers wear - OHSEN ~$9 and Mudder ~$14. Mudder looks a lot like the Ironman, same buttons and layout pretty much. Mudder says "waterproof" vs. "resistant" though to 5ATM

I'll second either of these recommendations, while a cheap watch might not last nearly as long as one rated to 200m it should easily last you a while for what you need it for. I was down in the Keys taking a class and after a day of class trying to time my stops without a second timer I went to a store and spend under $20 on a cheap watch that lasted me a while after the class.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I ended up going with the Mudder 5ATM dive watch. Price was right ($15).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom