Looking for Cold Water Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two DS4 first stages and have never had a problem with them. I have the TX50 second stage and the DST first stage also. I use the DST on my sling because it allows me to direct all my hoses downwards. The DS4's go on the dbls along with the TX50 and a Omega second stage. Great set up.
If you sre looking for the Apeks regs try DiveSource.com or
scuba@divesource.com. Great store, great service, and no I'm not the owner, just someone who had great service.
o2diver

Thank you everyone for all their inputs...... Your looking at the proud new owner of a Apeks TX50 with a Apeks TX40 Octo. Going to Dive them in Seattle on the April 7th.....I will let you know how they perform. Not like we already know how they will perform. :wink:

Aardal

Hi Aaron! Where are you diving next weekend? Hope the water's warmer for you than it was last weekend (48 degrees F) here in the puget sound!

-kate

Enjoy that new reg!

:mean:

I'm going to Keystone Jetty and dive the wall there. On April 8th and 9th. Might go to another dive site that I just heard about just south of Keystone, not to far from where you get off from the ferry.

Aardal

Hey all,

OK. I am WAYYYYY out of my league here. But I understand that the Aqualung Micra has a gel retrofit to make their first stage suitable for cold water diving. I do love the way mine breathes (especially at depth) and currently the coldest I have gotten was 54 F (it was a pool, OK???) since the springs down here are 72 F year round. Still, I do like to travel and would like to experience the coooollllldddd stuff sometime.

Pete from Orlando... (ps, what does a jacket actually feel like???)

Hey Netdoc.....

Come up here to the Northwest/Canada :cold: area and try it out....I'm sure you will feel what a jacket feels like but i'm jealous that you live in warm weather year around...kinda makes me ;-0 sometimes when its snowing outside and you have to go out and chop your own hole in the ice.

Dive Safe.... :mean:

Aaron

I would rather poke a hole in my head!!! Good God man, move down here to sunny Florida and come spring diving with me. We can go over to the Devil's Den or the Forty Fathom Grotto... Even the ocean stays above sixty year round... (usually above seventy, but I don't want to rub it in...)

Pete from WARM & SUNNY Orlando...

Netdoc....

Let me finish up college and I will look for a job down there in Sunny Florida :tree: I hope to make a trip down there this summer but I think Cozumel is a higher priority right now for this summer.

Aaron
:cool:

Originally posted by Aardal
:mean:

I'm going to Keystone Jetty and dive the wall there. On April 8th and 9th. Might go to another dive site that I just heard about just south of Keystone, not to far from where you get off from the ferry.

Aardal

The water was clear, clear, clear there two weeks ago. Much better than when I did my open water there in Feburary with 12' visibility and 44 degrees. I used an Oasis then and it was fine, I also used that in 41 degree water one week later and it was fine. Since then I bought a Maximus and took that out to Cove 2 south of Seattle. Loved how easy it was to breath and no dry mouth. By the way, there are three seals making their home in Cove 2. We did a night dive and they swam around us, almost close enough to touch. And if you haven't seen it yet, an octopus lives at the end of the Jetty at Keystone.

Alex ,

I've seen the octopus once but on a low visibility day. It was about 12-15' of visibility but I have to look for it when I go back out. Where exactly is the Cove 2? I have a couple days up at whibey island and might have a chance to try it out. Thanks
Aaron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom