looking for commercial liability insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sjensenpiper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a new commercial liability insurance for my company. The one that i had before has just changed there rates. I am having some difficulties finding one that excepts small commercial diving company. This is just a side business for me and my partners we dont do any major under water construction we just do ship husbandry, Mooring and dockage repair, light salvage, surveys and inspections. All the quotes that I have gotten have be well over 10000 a year and with that kind of over head i dont know if i can do enough business to make a profit. Any suggestions from you guys will be great

All of the civilian companies I've worked for (and the one commercial diving company that I owned) have carried commercial insurance through Lloyds of London. In particular, my company had a general insurance policy on the company, staff and a $10M Errors and Omissions policy. It was expensive, but this was ultimately paid for by the Clients. Government contracts required E&O so if you want to be in the game you have to anti-up. It's the cost of doing business (like having an on-site chamber and redundant equipment).

DCBC thank you for you post. I talked to Llyods of London in regards to getting a policy. The cost is more money then I will make all year even in my full time job. I don't bid government contracts so that is out. Like I said in my original post I only dive as a side job now I want to keep it going for at least a couple of years but I sure as sh7t dont want to be sued by some angry ship owner and not have protection. I did find a place in Louisiana call Fisk marine very nice guys and farly low rates but would still like some other suggestions

I am looking for a new commercial liability insurance for my company. The one that i had before has just changed there rates. I am having some difficulties finding one that excepts small commercial diving company. This is just a side business for me and my partners we dont do any major under water construction we just do ship husbandry, Mooring and dockage repair, light salvage, surveys and inspections. All the quotes that I have gotten have be well over 10000 a year and with that kind of over head i dont know if i can do enough business to make a profit. Any suggestions from you guys will be great

Looking for commercial liability insurance? This site Professional Liability Insurance Ontario - Errors & Omissions Insurance Ontario Cover Advantage is the answer to your problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom