Looking for custom suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
They are, aren't they? :D
I wonder if it will look as good on me as I have a "bit" more figure :06:

That's good because those girls have absolutely no figure whatsoever.

Probably does not help but in the late 60s to early 70s "skin out" suits like those could be bought at Sears, Montgomery Wards and K-Mart. I only remember black and maybe blue and in 3/16 inch and 1/4 inch. Mine was 3/16 and was slick on the outside and lined with nylon on the inside and I think it was 40 dollars, hood and boots were extra. Some were textured as if they had scales. I don't remember lady versions but I don't remeber very much. N

justleesa:
We are looking to get new old style slick suits. We found a company that makes black ones, but wanted something more like this:

Anybody got a lead for us?
I found this comment on the MSN mixnuts group, by the photographer:
Those skin wetsuits that I used on model photos are coutom made order from The Marine-Sports Wear company at Matudo in Japan. But I can't buy red-skin suits no more. kei2462.

Cheers, BD

Forget about the wetsuit, where can I find her...........I think she's over weighted btw, don't let her go diving.

You know, until I too began the search for a vintage looking wet suit, one that is a logo free zone, one that has a smooth external skin of only one single color perhaps with a yellow stripe, maybe in black or dark blue etc, I did not realize what search results for wetsuits, neoprene, rubber suits, dive suits would yield! There are apparently some really--well----let me just say they are not scuba diving in their suits! I don't get it actually and I still have not found what I am looking for.
Yeah, I saw all the weight on those "girls" and now realize they may not be all about diving either! but in any case they are certainly carrying enough lead. N

justleesa:
Thanks Dave!

Trying to find the company now...wish us luck!
I would like to pick up a vintage style suit as well, so please let me know how it works out. I tried searching for the company, but couldn't find much. You might have to go to the mixnuts MSN group and see if the photographer will give you contact info.

Take care,
BD

I have a friend in Japan, lets see what he can find out :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom