Looking for dive and snorkle sites on the South Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello me and my family will be visiting from the 22 of december to the 5 th of january. I scuba dive, the rest of the family snorkles. We are looking for good sites east coast of the south island to go to, boat charters are ok, I would also need a dive partner and a place to rent tanks and weights. any suggestions would be appricated.

Thank you in advance

Former Nuke, I agree with Andy NZ, the Lermontov is a great dive. Check with Kevin and Jennifer Bailey of Blenheim Dive Centre, excellent boat and crew and tour of the Lermontov. They have locations of snorkeling. Be prepared to get 7mm exposure suits, water can be a tad cool. Cheers

Do the Lermontov if you can; further south, Dive Kaikoura should be running regular trips around that time of year, and the rest of the family could do a seal snorkelling trip there - very scenic town. They should be able to match you up with a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom