looking for dive buddies 25/08 - 04/09 Egypt!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saida

Reaction score
Hello,

I am flying to Sharm El Sheikh, on 25/08, and return on 04/09! I've booked with www.wildwater.be, padi open water course and hotel!

I am travelling alone, so....If anybody is interested in companionship, or knows someone who is also travelling alone...you may contact me!
I'll be in Dahab!

Just one more thing: are here people, having good experiences of diving in Dahab?

Best Regards,
Saida!

Hi there old friend ;-)

I will be in dahab but unfortunately i will be there the week before you. I will arrive tomorrow night Sunday 21st August and leave next sunday afternoon. the 28th. I just wanted to go for a quick diving thing without any complications.

Not sure where im staying yet, probably something cheap and clean like the hostel yasmine or wherever i can get a room.

Hope you have a nice time. Maybe we will bump into each other, ahhh kismet.

I think i will try out Planet divers, well informed website. My main objective is to dive dive dive anything else is a bonus.

Aatif, already in egypt by the time you read this!

@Saida

Unfortunately I will be in Dahab from 20.09. I haven't been in Dahab yet but just returned from diving in Sharm El Sheikh - it was fabulous. I read already many reviews concerning diving in Dahab and it seems to be great place. But to be honest there are a lot of good places in Egypt to dive so you can't say that Sharm or Dahab are the best and Hurghada or El Gouna are poor. Egypt has plenty to offer for divers.

I am not sure if you know, diving in Dahab is shore diving, you can buy additional boat diving to Gabr El Bint but standard package includes all diving from shore. In Sharm you have all dives from boat but it is not so nice to spend half day on boat in 5days/10dives package (5days in a row).

Here you can find some info also:
http://www.planetdivers.com/index_en.html

Enjoy your course and dives.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

Hi, My first day here and already done 3 dives!

I cant believe at how many dive schools there are here, about 25 ive seen, and they say its about 50.

So far the diving is about 5/10, not spectacular but cheap and easy, tomorrow i go for my advanced course, so im hoping it gets better!

There are sooo many hotels here, i just got a taxi from outside the airport (200 egyptian pounds = 20GBP) and came straight here, took 1 hour. and then i just walked into hotel jasmin and got a room for 8 euros a night!with fan, tomorrow i get the 12 euros room with air conditioning!! its sooo cheap, and right on the beach front.

The diving hasnt been as spectacular as the reputation of the red sea, but i hope to do the famous blue hole tomorrow inshallah.

very chilled out atmosphere, a few supermarkets, lots and lots fo places to eat from 1 euro to 10 euros at the highest price! diving is about 20 euros per dive. or 3 dives for 50. open water courses are 150-200 euros, i am paying 170 euros for advanced open water.

plenty of internet cafes etc etc

see you all soon! hehehe.

Aatif

Hey there!
Just thought I'd share my views on Dahab on here!
1. The diving is incredible, once you get away from the Lighthouse and Mashraba Bay (which are the learner dive-zones) and to glorious dive sites like Blue Hole, Canyon, Coral Garden, Eel Garden, The Islands, The Golden Blocks (also known as Golden Bollocks due to a mate of mine mis-reading the sign!)...the list is endless!
2. The atmosphere is incredibly laid back, even among the dive instructors and dive masters who live out there. I was diving with Fantasea and Poseidon, the latter were awesome (the former had...political problems, shall we say?)!
3. When you're there, you MUST go to Tota's and Blue Beach. They are the two places where you're guaranteed to see fellow divers!
Hope you have a great time, mega jealous!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom