Looking for dive OP feed back Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octopus is attached to Blue Bahia condos and have a decent reputation here on the island with the expats.

Blue Island is a new shop. I have not spoken with anyone that has dove with them yet so cannot offer anything.

Since you are not staying at an all inclusive. Why not dive with a couple different places, dive with a West End shop, then a west bay shop, then a south side shop. That would let you experience everything this island has to offer.

Nuria, owner and dive instructor, of Octopus is a sweetheart and one helluva a diver.

Has anyone used Infinity Divers at the Infinity Bay resort? Would be interested in hearing about your experiences?

I dove with they 3 years ago. I was a new diver so not much to compare it to. Plus, my 9 yo son was with us so we didnt' get to do much diving. Heading back in 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Hi,
We will be going to Roatan for 12 days in June, renting a house in Sandy Bay area, east of AKR. The two closest dive ops are Octopus, and Blue Island. Anyone here have experience with either of them? Should I commit to diving with one operator (assuming a substantial discount) but therefore limiting us to the north shore only or keep options open? Is there a substantial difference in the diving either east-west or north-south?

TIA,
Andy[/QUOT I've been four times and dove with Coconut Tree each time. They're great people. British owned. I'm not sure how involved Will Wellborne is anymore. He's more fish than human being and a great instructor but I know he's branched out and has his own restaurant there now. Still, it's a tightly run little shop and diving with them was a constant pleasure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom