Looking for Dive Shop Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Honolulu, contact Randall at Hawaiian Diving Adventures or Gabe at Kaimana Divers. Both run top notch outfits.

I dove with Randall last March and he and his crew were awesome. I talked to Gabe (scottitheduck on here, I believe) several times and he was awesome, too. It just worked out that I went diving with HDA instead. IIRC, that was mainly because I wanted Nitrox and HDA had no trouble providing it where I think it was an issue with Gabe. It seems like (from my tiny bit of experience) that Nitrox can be hard to come by in Hawaii. We did a couple of dives on the Sea Tiger (one as a night dive - cool!) which is a wreck just off Waikiki that is 120' to the sand. I definitely wanted Nitrox for that. FWIW, the night dive with Randall to the Sea Tiger is a 2-tank dive. 1 on the ST and then a shallower reef dive. I thought that was nice as it seems like I've seen that a lot of operations do night dives as only a 1 tank trip.

I did a Discover Scuba Dive on Maui in 2013. No "real" dive experience there. But, when I went, I *really* wanted to go out to Molokini (a mostly submerged caldera). The weather was too rough the day we went, though, so we stayed inshore. If I ever go back to Maui, it is at the top of my list.

Oahu - definitely recommend Kaimana Divers. Just got back from two weeks with them and enjoyed every minute!

We're not going until November, I'm just in the planning stage right now. :)

---------- Post added January 6th, 2016 at 12:47 PM ----------

We will be on a cruise ship. But, we're not cruise ship divers. :wink:
Sounds good thanks for the reply!

In kona jacks is your best bet, you can dive right there at kailua pier. It's an easy shore dive, decent reef, sand bottom at about 40'.

Gabe owner at Kaimana Divers.. excellent operation. picked up at the ship.. good equipment.. very helpful dive masters.. Chris.. I believe was his name.. exceptionally good.

Back
Top Bottom