LoOkInG For Diving Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCscubadive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im in the vancouver area and am looking for people to dive with, i am a beginner so you might have to bear with me:eyebrow:

Congrats on your certs and welcome to the board!

There is amazing diving in your part of the world and some top notch divers up there. Contact Bob ScubaBoard - View Profile: NWGratefulDiver. He lives just south of you in Washington. He may be a good resource for divers and clubs near you.

Happy diving!
Carolyn:shark2:

Im in the vancouver area and am looking for people to dive with, i am a beginner so you might have to bear with me:eyebrow:

I read a few of your posts and it's not clear to me if you live in Vancouver or on the Island.

I have a couple of suggestions:

- If you live in Vancouver you have a lot of options. Both SFU and UBC have active dive clubs and you'll be able to hook up with buddies that way if you're attending.

Most of the shops in the area also maintain loose "clubs" of divers and arrange outings precisely for the reason you need, to help divers network with new buddies.

- If you're on the island I don't know the scene but this guy does; ScubaBoard - View Profile: wedivebc Drop him a PM (his name is Dave) and I'm sure he'll help you get connected.

- There are several people from the Vancouver area on this board. Drop a post in the Western Canada area and someone will be sure to pick it up. Here is the link to a thread with several names of pepole on scubaboard who live in the vancouver area: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/western-canada/185773-vancouver-bc-roll-call.html

- There are sure to be local websites where you can meet up with buddies but I'd personally be more tempted to tag along with guided diving offered through a shop.

Good luck.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom