Looking for DM internship without the 'party diving' lifestyle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a DM internship somewhere Spanish-speaking, but I really don't want one of those DMT mills where they rush you through your DM and the centres seem to pride themselves on a lively party atmosphere. I'm not a big drinker and I don't want a centre that just gives you the minimum number of dives to meet DM instead of actually making sure you know enough to be a competent DM. I'd rather find somewhere where I have the time to properly learn what I'd need to learn to be a good Divemaster.

I'd prefer an internship over a regular course because I have some spare months to spend (so don't need to qualify quickly) and feel I'd learn a lot more about safe diving and working with new divers by being involved in the dive centre than if I was just a DM student.

Any recommendations?

:)

A close friend of mine is a PADI course director and worked in Utila, he put through many DM's while he was there. It was a different atmosphere than a DM training mill. It's location is a bit more remote and tends to attract more ecologically minded students, therefore no party scene like other destinations. It's Spanish speaking and some incredible diving, I'd say it's worth a look.

We offer the training and you can stay and get as much experience as you like, no minimum number of dives. We've seasoned pro's running our training and accomplished divers, not just your typical 'gap year' Instructor! Check out www.utiladivecenter.com and the attached PDF.

Attachments

• Why Choose UDC for your Divemaster.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,321
Thanks Mike, feel free to email me anytime. Been amazing diving this week, whale sharks, pilot whales, mobula rays etc!

Back
Top Bottom