Looking for Edge epic service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you see what you started.

It's like one of those games where someone writes the first sentence then passes it onto the next person for the second sentence and so on...ever morphing...

Did you mean beside Zealge, DiveRite, and Poisiden?

Just ask them if you can attend a training class and see what happens. I don't know about Poisiden but I know Zeagle will not hand out service manuals and Dive Rite manuals don't even compare to the one from DRIS. I do find it funny that no one bashes and complaines about Zeagle not having manuals on there site and DiveRite not offering training but some people are complaining every chance they get about HOG.

Just ask them if you can attend a training class and see what happens. I don't know about Poisiden but I know Zeagle will not hand out service manuals and Dive Rite manuals don't even compare to the one from DRIS. I do find it funny that no one bashes and complaines about Zeagle not having manuals on there site and DiveRite not offering training but some people are complaining every chance they get about HOG.

I want both. One with out the other is not a complete package.

Just ask them if you can attend a training class and see what happens..

I don't need, or want, to attend a training class

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I know Zeagle will not hand out service manuals and Dive Rite manuals don't even compare to the one from DRIS.

I easily downloaded a Zeagle manual.

If anyone is interested in reading firsthand the "bashing," "complaining," and "belly-aching" that has occurred regarding the tech cert prereq for the HOG reg repair course, here is a link to a thread started by TSandM at the end of last year. If you read the posts with an open mind, I think you'll see that some folks participating in the thread were respectfully communicating what they thought on the subject, whereas others weren't really reading the posts and wanted to turn it into an emotional you-have-no-right-to-question-the-HOG-manufacturer tirade. I was accused of being a "whiner," a "complainer," and a "threadcrapper" for explaining my perspective in what I thought to be a logical, well-reasoned manner. I have to admit that I lost a lot of respect for a few folks on SB on account of the way they handled themselves in that thread.

I am somewhat encouraged by the fact that the HOG manufacturer has changed his position on making a detailed reg repair manual freely downloadable via the company website. Doing so would be consistent with the mission of providing all HOG customers (including tech and OW recreational divers) with the "tools" and knowledge to care for their HOG regs properly.

At some point, I hope that the tech cert prereq for the HOG reg repair course will be eliminated or at least revised to allow entry to recreational divers with no tech aspirations whatsoever. Continuing scuba education is almost always a good thing, but recreational divers shouldn't have to obtain a tech-crossover rating or take a formal tech class in order to learn how to service regulators. IMO, that's, frankly, an irrelevant/unnecessary barrier to learning. I won't rehash all of my thoughts here -- they can be found in the thread link above.

Dive Rite manuals don't even compare to the one from DRIS..

I wasn't aware that DRIS had written a manual; the DR manual is more than adequate.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Just ask them if you can attend a training class and see what happens..

They would probably tell me that if I need a training class, I'm probably not qualified to service a regulator.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I do find it funny that no one bashes and complaines about Zeagle not having manuals on there site and DiveRite not offering training but some people are complaining every chance they get about HOG.

I don't see anyone bashing or complaining about HOG. I love HOG and can't wait 'till they inevitably give up the secret manual to people who are not "technical divers" but who, for example, will be replacing the front brake cylinder of a fading master brake cylinder on a forty-year-old car tomorrow A.M. so they can blithely drive off to a likely fiery oblivion on their way to a dive site at the end of a treacherous mountain road because they didn't use a manual and are not a Technical Diver.

Last edited:

How do you keep missing the point. We are not bashing Hog. We are just asking for them to let us take their regulator service class. We are asking for them to take our money. I and others on this thread want to buy or already have bought Hog res and want to take the service class to maintain their regs. It thats bashing, PLEASE BASH AWAY AT HE! I'll take your money.

Nick

Manuals are nice to have, but do they sell you the OEM parts? (Zeagle; Diverite; and Posiden)
See you topside! John

So, on the one hand we have companies that provide their official manuals but don't sell us their OEM parts.
On the other hand we have a company that sell us their OEM parts, but don't provide their official manual.

Unfortunately, to have a complete package, we need both the parts and the official manual.
So far no company has been able to provide that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom