Looking for Edge epic service manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but any tech diver can get the class, and not have to be working for or sponsored by a dive shop. That is the difference.

Not so simple or fast, I have the certs required but have yet to find a class in my neck of the woods (Central Florida). Hopefully, there will be one at DEMA this year

Not so simple or fast, I have the certs required but have yet to find a class in my neck of the woods (Central Florida). Hopefully, there will be one at DEMA this year

Hmmm...I do like Florida. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to bring back an old thread but did the D1 manual ever get released as we were told it would be? I did find the exploded diagrams but nothing else.

Dave

I recently happened upon a manual on line.......no secret lore.

Last edited:
Yeah I just found it online today so somebody made it available to the public. I was under the impression it would be available to the public on their site based on a few posts back in late 2012.

Dave

Seeing how this has risen from the dead and became one of the many legions of necro posts I have a question that fits just as nice as Bigd has said.

Where in Central or even the bay side of Florida is a place to take the class? I have called a few places and even a TDI Shop to ask and the response was "We unfortunately are not a dealer for Hog, and therefore have not taken the course to repair the equipment ourselves so we would be unable to teach a course in repairing Hog gear."

It would be nice to have one as I would get my 2 sons a tech cert(if still needed) and we all 3 could go.

There are roughly 40 or so instructors for the course the last I heard - worldwide. That number could have increased some.

I teach in SW Pa but do travel to teach the class if I have enough students. You can find some other instructors/dealers that offer it by contacting HOG Edge as well. Going to the TDI Site does not always give you a good result since they don't list independent instructors. Just the facilities those instructors are affiliated with. Did you try DAYO Scuba or Diver's Supply?

I know DRIS teaches it at DEMA usually when in Florida, at their location, and at some of the other shows they do like Beneath the Sea and Our World Underwater. But these are not classes that are part of the show itself and may not be on the show website. Robert Arak teaches it on the West Coast.

I teach the classes in my home, or a hotel when traveling, to give the student as close to the same conditions they would likely be doing their regs in. If they come to me I don't charge any more for a private class than I do for a group one.

I will travel as stated but I need enough people in the class to cover my expenses or make some other arrangements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom