Looking for galleries of RX100i or ii UW pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fabulous shots, however you are right there are some issues with the lens, not really the soft corners but a lot of blue fringing and also lack of contrast considering some shots are taken at f/8 or even f/11.
I use the Inon UWL-H100 28LD for video and it is an excellent lens that really does not flare much, it does have some small fringing but can be corrected easily in lightroom

What adapter will you use for the LD lenses?

Hi interceptor... thanks... i try to shot from f/8 for avoid the soft corners.... but with the inons i have a lack of light and many wide angle shots are strongly underexposed.... i think this is the problem with contrast and blue fringing.... :wink: i hope the new YS-D1 are more powerfull and i can use the right A/S :D
I still have not received the lens, I bought a complete package from a guy who upgrade to dslr.... Inon h100 28ld+dome unit+ucl165ld and the adapter... i think the adapter is the last nauticam... i heard the fix adapter is better.... but the price for the lens package was really good..... :D

I want to understand what can be done and how. Please post links here. Thank you!

Wow. There are some great photos in the galleries.

Here is my first attempt at underwater photography last year in Cozumel to give you an idea of the camera in the hands of a complete novice. All photos were shot in manual mode. I welcome any comments or advice on the shots or settings.

SET-UP
Sony RX-100, Nauticam Housing, Inon UWL-H100 28M67, Sea&Sea YS-D1

SETTINGS
I typically entered the water set around ISO 125, 1/125th, f8. While descending I took pictures straight into the blue to adjust for the color blue I liked so the background would be decent without a strobe. By the time I hit the reef, the blue was acceptable. I started with the YS-D1 strobe set at 1.0 to illuminate my foreground. If the photo wasn't right I either adjusted the strobe angle, strobe level, F-stop, or shutter speed in that general order depending on what I thought I was after.

PS. Scuba Gumby was to celebrate the final dive by trying to make an appearance for the submarine tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not on facebook but I went to look and the picture quality is bad compared to other services
For most here we use flickr you have time to upload there it would be great

FWIW, I had downsized the images to <1MB to upload quicker while traveling to share with other divers. I removed the gallery link as these were more an example of 'how' per the original post rather than full resolution absolute camera capabilities. I'll post larger images another time.

Just got back from Lembeh.
I have a Sony RX100 in a Nauticam housing with a single Inon D2000, Inon UW100 with dome and a Sea gadget +10 diopter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68937960@N08/sets/72157643830426855/

My Blue Bay Divers set on Flikr is also with the same system.

Back
Top Bottom