Looking for input on 2nd stage + octo to pair with MK17 for ~45F water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The G260 has a metal balance chamber that screws into the barrel. This helps keep everything aligned in a far "superior" manner as I see it. The S600 just has a crummy plastic chamber
Could you be thinking of a different part? The G260 and S600 share the same lever, poppet assembly, spring, and balance chamber.

Could you be thinking of a different part? The G260 and S600 share the same lever, poppet assembly, spring, and balance chamber.

Let me look at the diagrams, maybe I am screwed up.

Edit: Looked it up, it would be the cylindrical areas that supports the balance chamber.

I could be looking at an older schematic but the balance chamber is showing as a different part number, not that that makes any real difference.

The diagrams I have show:
G260 rev date 07/2012 part number 11150102
G260 Tactical rev date 05/2013 part number 11150102
S600 rev date 09/2010 part number 11150102

The G260 has a fine adjustment built into the breathing adjustment knob, perhaps that's what @Asheron is referring to.

The G260 has a fine adjustment built into the breathing adjustment knob, perhaps that's what @Asheron is referring to.

I stand corrected, I double checked, you are of course correct, they are all the same. I'm hoping they still use the long crown X type. On the schematics I have the illustrations are different.

Yes, it's a much simpler design. The S600 looks rather convoluted in comparison, for what benefit I'm unsure.

Just replaced the seat in a g269 and an s600 (to core) working internals are the same. The 260 is a tougher design using a full metal air barrel that transverse the case, very much like the G250, the s600’s barrel ends short of the edge of the case and the “plastic” adjuster interlocks and the are retained by a plastic snap in keeper, I don’t know if they will or did change any of this in the 620ti. The 600 is a very reliable reg and hasn’t bore out any design related issues, I don’t think I prefer either over the other.

Lexvil, thank you for articulating better. That is exactly what I was attempting to say.

the s600’s barrel ends short of the edge of the case and the “plastic” adjuster interlocks and the are retained by a plastic snap in keeper, I don’t know if they will or did change any of this in the 620ti. The 600 is a very reliable reg and hasn’t bore out any design related issues, I don’t think I prefer either over the other.

Did the barrel design and configuration in the S600 cause any known issue in the regulator? I never heard or known that there is any issue with the S600 for the many years I have used it. It is as trouble free as a regulator can be especially with the metal barrel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom