Looking for: Key Largo, Islamorada small boat operators "6-Pack"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sebtdi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Getting tired of large "farm operator" boats crowded with divers and often over capacity.

Going to the upper keys again in March, I am looking for a small local dive operators " 6-pack" in the area

So far found Blue Water Divers of Key Largo. Scuba Diving Key Largo with BlueWater Divers

Unfortunately, captain John Garvey of HSS Minnow has retired in the marina there no longer operating in Key Largo.

Thank you for suggestions

Getting tired of large "farm operator" boats crowded with divers and often over capacity.
Going to the upper keys again in March, I am looking for a small local dive operators " 6-pack" in the area
Unfortunately, captain John Garvey of HSS Minnow has retired in the marina there no longer operating in Key Largo.
Thank you for suggestions

Hey @sebtdi, We offer a 6 pack boat as well. I know John has been sending most of his divers our way, as well to Quiescience. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you might have.

Amber

I really enjoyed my times on the Key Largo Dive Center. Always a smile. Always a helping hand when you needed it. It's probably the biggest six pack I've ever been on.

Blue Water Divers has an excellent reputation, but I haven't dove with them in years.

Both Rainbow Reef and Conch Divers each have a smaller boat. I bit bigger than a six pack, but nice and cozy. You'll have to check with them to find out how small and what it takes to get on the smaller boat.

Finally got hold of Horizon for information. They do technical dives on the local shipwrecks. Hiring a guide is $100 + rentals (AL80 twinset)

Anyone interested doing a long dive on the Spiegel Grove ? I will be there week of March 18, will be cheaper with a bunch of us

Hello All,

Just wanted to say that I had a great experience with Horizon Divers. Boat not too big or overcrowded. Ended up hiring a personal guide for 100 bucks to take me on a long tech dive on the USCG Duane in Key Largo..Bobby took me inside the wreck top deck; lots of fish, reef and bull sharks. Very enjoyable, great doubles rentala and highly recommend this operator

Look under my facebook page for videos

I just dove this past Monday (March 25) with Quiesence Diving Service. Their crew was awesome and the boat was very comfortable for the 6 divers we had on board. Two dives out on Elbow Reef including a spur-of-the-moment drift dive along the reef since the current was favorable. Nothing but praise for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom