Looking for kid's BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJdiver85

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a BCD sized to fit an 8 year old. Any suggestions? (Please don't turn this into a thread about the dangers of children scuba diving. This is to be used soley in a swimming pool in the presence of an instructor.)

Hello!

Is your child enrolling in a SSI Scuba Ranger or PADI Seal Team course. I teach the Scuba Rangers and really enjoy teaching the kids how to dive safely and get proficient with their skills. It really helps them become better divers when they are ready to get Ocean Certified.

We have had really good luck with Zeagle's Jr Ranger BCD. It fits the 8 year olds and grows with them. It is weight integrated so they do not need a weight belt (it's really hard to keep a weight belt on a small child).

I hope this helps.

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.
www.scubasciences.com

Hello Tina

Would that recommendation (Zeagle jr) also fit for an 11yo female having a little difficulty finding something that will grow with my daughter over the next few years ? She would like to get her jr cert but I have been putting her off until I am confident in her maturity and ability to understand diving at a better level.

As for small female divers, either children or even adults the Mares Kaila BCD is awesome. Just something to look into.

NorthernShrinkage:
Hello Tina

Would that recommendation (Zeagle jr) also fit for an 11yo female having a little difficulty finding something that will grow with my daughter over the next few years ? She would like to get her jr cert but I have been putting her off until I am confident in her maturity and ability to understand diving at a better level.

Hi There!

How tall is your daughter? With the kids in my club (ages 8 - 16) they can fit into either the Jr. Ranger or a XS Phoenix or Ranger BC. If your daughter's waist is under 25", she may be able to fit into a XS Phoenix or Ranger (standard adult BC). The Phoenix or Ranger BC would definitely grow with her as you can let the waist panels out 2 inches at a time on each side to adjust to a thicker wetsuit or growth.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. I have been using a Medium Ranger or Phoenix BC ever since I was certified in 1995. I love them! No weight belt to worry about and it fits so well!

Talk to you soon.

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.
www.scubasciences.com

You can also replace both the waist and/or the shoulder straps on the Ranger if your child outgrows the adjustment limits of the original parts. They are sold seperately and can easily be changed by the owner (and back again if you need it for a hand me down).

Thx for the help I will definetly look at the Zeagle I realy like the thought of it being able to grow with her until she is full grown . And have always been happy with Zeagle as far as serviceability.

I have Zeagle BCD size XS, I am thinking about to sell it. Not quite sure if it will fit your child but if you are interested, then let me know.

Also look into the Zeagle Concept II

Back
Top Bottom