Looking for reliable Oahu Dive operator end of March 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnW

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Drysuiting it.... in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I last dove Oahu in 2016. Up to 2010 I would be in Hawaii about twice a year and really enjoy the diving around Oahu. I never had a problem and always got in a record number of dives while there.

Last time in Oahu. I was cancelled on twice last minute by one operator, due to lack of of other divers. I also went with another operator and sat on the boat for 3 hours waiting for a captain that never showed up. So out 5 available dive days, I got in just 2 days.

So, any recommendations for a reliable operator would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to be picked up in Waikiki.

thank you

John

Honolulu Scuba Company and Island Divers are owned/operated together. HSC is out of Waikiki, ID is out of Hawaii Kai. If for some strange reason they didn't have a boat going out, they would get you out on their sister shop's boat.

They are my favorite dive shop because I feel I get the most hands-OFF experience combined with the longest dives. In other words, I feel that they're good at giving their attention to divers who might need it more - which I don't.

So, any recommendations for a reliable operator would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to be picked up in Waikiki.

John,
I second Aloha Joe's vote for Honolulu Scuba Company / Island Divers Hawaii. I've got about 80 dives with them; I've never had a charter canceled and can't recall ever waiting around to get underway. If you get on one of their Three Tankers or Advanced Boats (Deep/Drift or Double Wreck), I assure you that you'll feel assured that every dime was well spent. Let me know if you want to do any shore diving while you're here. I'll happily pick you up and take you out for a dive on a day that I'm not working.
~ Christopher

I last dove Oahu in 2016. Up to 2010 I would be in Hawaii about twice a year and really enjoy the diving around Oahu. I never had a problem and always got in a record number of dives while there.

Last time in Oahu. I was cancelled on twice last minute by one operator, due to lack of of other divers. I also went with another operator and sat on the boat for 3 hours waiting for a captain that never showed up. So out 5 available dive days, I got in just 2 days.

thank you

John
Reach out to Lauren Jaramillo at Reef Pirates...They have great customer service

Reach out to Lauren Jaramillo at Reef Pirates...They have great customer service
I just got back a week ago from doing my deep diver specialty course with Reef Pirates. Jennifer (aka Supergirl) and Diamond were wonderful to train with!

Back
Top Bottom