looking for S. California dive partner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yachtmn8

Reaction score
I live in Southern California and moor out of Marina Del Rey. I have a rarely used 1998, 27 foot Four Winns cruiser to travel to and from Catalina Island or ?? If you are a NORMAL guy or gal and are looking for an outgoing and serious dive partner - send me an e-mail to see if we are compatible enough to schedule a meeting. I am anxious to begin exploring the southern coast.

I possess all the necessary equipment, just need interested and desireable partner. If you have any other agenda other than diving, please don't waste my time.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yachtmn8

Ok....dude?
1. You do know your post sounds like a personal ad and cocky, right?
2. It would help if you posted your email or maybe put it in your profile.
3. Why don't you post something about yourself...level of cert, # of dives, where you've dove/dived, what you like to do while diving (sight-see, photo, video, hunt, etc)

I'll start:
I just moved to Long Beach from San Jose where I was certified 3 years ago in Monterey. All of my dives have been cold water (Monterey). I just recieved my DM certification, but do not think I'll use it because I just don't feel like carrying ins for the rest of my life. Maybe someday, but not right now. Right now I just want to blow some bubbles and explore the coast down here. I own all my own gear (dry suit, tanks, reg, bc, etc) I also have a sony videocamera with an Ikelite housing that I take with me everywhere. I have hours of footage of the harbor seals and other marine life from Monterey and am eager to get some Calif. Sea Lions at play and some Garabaldi on film. I'm not much of a hunter, altho I would like to go along and film the hunters sometime.

Lastly, I'm not sure what you call NORMAL, but I'm up for diving shore or boat or kayak.

You tell me. Ya wanna dive?

yachtmn8 once bubbled...
...just need interested and desireable partner...

Well, I'm no :jessica: and not really interested in :cuddle: either...

But, like NorCal said, why don't you tell us a little more about your diving habits?

As to the "necessary equipment", can you clarify that a bit? :confused:

Hey, cool, you updated you profile. Much better. Still didn't see an email address and didn't want to send one to your general website, so I'll just post here. The offers still open. Weekends are ok, a tuesday night at 8 and nothing on tv? Lets go do a night/dusk dive. There are oil islands, there's the outside of the breakwater in Long Beach that HAS to be teaming with life since it's just a pile of rocks.
Arnaud, you in on this...maybe you could be the tour guide.

Age 49
AOW PADI
Diving 2 years
Total Dives 75 (mostly beach)
Gender Male

I enjoiy diving and try to go once a week if possible. Available on a varied schedule as I am self employed. I am limited by the wife to once a week, that she knows about. :wink: Night dives are non-chargeable as they are after working hours. That makes perfect sense to me, but my wife does not always agree.

I am a conservative diver and will always do 3 minutes at 15 if we are below 30 feet. Own all of my own equipment and two tanks. I do have fair air consumption (SCFM varies between 0.43 and 0.55 depending upon currents, but normally in the 0.45-.50 range. Love to dive the islands as well as several sites along the coast. Sites I routinely beach dive as also usally more eaisly accessible from a boat and some I would love to dive, but a boat is the only way to get there.

Often dive with the Sandeaters.

norcaldiver once bubbled...
Arnaud, you in on this...maybe you could be the tour guide.

Why not?

But it's going to be in September. I'm going to dive the Mediterranean in a few days :banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom