Looking for Scubapro to provide some information on the Hydros Pro BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@jd950

I sense a little defensiveness in your post and I just want to clarify that we all agree with your concerns and are not giving you a hard time about asking. Some of us are just surprised those care or use instructions were the recommendations given to owners of the BC by Scubapro or at least that is what other owners are reporting. It sounds a bit silly and ridiculous, to be honest, given how BCs are normally used.

We fully support your quest for answers from Scubapro directly. While there is nothing wrong at all with asking here, other posters are suggesting the fastest and best way might be to call given how important this issue is rather than waiting for a response here when others report the Scubapro representatives have not been here in a while.

after Kate was Harry, Jules and someone I forget. None active in the [ast year or so afaik,

Originally they would have had to request the forum be setup. Even if they don't monitor it currently, it's a good place for answers to SP specific questions as has happened in the other replies here.

I've kept mine on a hanger since I got it. I pick mine up (with a tank attached) by the straps often and have no issues. I have the new replacement straps on a shelf but can't be bothered to change them out. Too much PT.

I have had good luck contacting Scubapro directly. I suggest you do the same.
I have also had good luck and quick results contacting Scubapro directly. They answered all of the questions I had and I have decided to purchase 2 HPs myself. I also agree you should contact them directly with any questions or hesitations you may have about your HP BC.

I'm a Scubapro dealer. If you PM me with your serial number I'll call tech services for you and find out if you have the reinforced straps or not.

FWIW, about 70 dives on my Hydros now. Never done anything special to baby it. No issues so far.

I have a Hydros with about 70 dives on it with no problem. I store mine flat on a shelf and unbuckle the shoulder straps and lay them out flat so it is not folded at the same point all the time. I use it every few weeks but am curious if I have the reinforced straps or not. I will have Howells Dive Shop here in Redding, CA call SP with my serial numbers and check it. Worth knowing especially when cold water diving with lots of weight in the bc and having to muscle it around. Thanks for the heads up....

Back
Top Bottom