Looking for snorkeling private charter day-trip Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Taking a family reunion cruise and interested in a private group snorkeling charter (up to 12 passengers). Will be in port roughly 9AM-4PM and I am unfortunately the only diver of the group, so snorkeling it is!

In a mixed group with some kids and older adults, so a boat with a canopy for some shade is needed. Even bigger plus if the boat can provide some rental equipment for the few folks on the boat that aren't bringing their own equipment.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Just to let you know, you may not actually be in port from 9 am to 4 pm because cruise ship visitors have to be tendered from the ship to land and then back.

Reactions: swg
Lots of the small dive ops will happily do charters and you might even get in a dive. We do it as do many of our colleagues. If you shoot me an email at dive@seasportsdiving.com I will happily send you a list. We all are used to catering to cruise visitors so no worries on that front.

Reactions: swg
Check with Lobster Pot in GC, a couple blocks north of the cruise terminal, to see what they can do for you. They can take divers and snorkelers, especially if you are going to fill up their boat. The last time I dove with them, one dive spot close to the Kittiwake would be good for snorkelers and divers, and you could also dive the Kittiwake from the same mooring ball. I use them whenever in GC. They are a great dive op, and I highly recommend them. Contact Mike Painter, Lobster Pot Manager, to see what they can set up for your port stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom