looking for something a bit different in playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey all
my wife and i are returning to playa del carmen this fall for 6 days. we have been there together a few times before. i have been able to visit a few other times without her.

we will be doing some diving of course, but we are looking for some ideas to do something maybe a little different this time around. my brother will be joining us on this trip and i thought i would ask you all for some ideas on something maybe most people don't know about or something maybe a bit unusual.

fire away if you have anything interesting.
thx
rick

Well, these arent really secret, but have you been to the ruins of Tulum, Coba (1-2 hr away) or Chichen Itza (3 hrs away). Chichen Itza is the most expansive & impressive, and better restored than Coba, IMO. Coba is surrounded by jungle. Tulum is smaller, but picturesque on the coast. Tours go to them all the time from PdC (some combine Tulum & Coba)

I would suggest going to Merida - a beautiful city full of colonial architecture & good Yucatecan food & culture. But it is ~ 4 hrs away. Too far for a day trip, IMO.

I'd add in a visit to the Xcaret Theme Park (which seems to expand every time I go down).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom