looking for something different to do top side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey all
my wife and i are returning to cozumel this fall for 8 days. we have been there together twice before. i have been lucky enough to visit the island a few other times.

we will be doing some diving of course, and we will be helping the turtles a couple of days as well.

but we are looking for some ideas to do something maybe a little different this time around. my brother will be joining us on this trip and i thought i would ask you all for some ideas on something maybe most people don't know about or something maybe a bit unusual.

fire away if you have anything interesting.
thx
rick

If it is your thing, there are some semi-spiritual activities that I see mentioned now and again in my yoga group...cocoa ceremonies, sweat lodges, etc. Let me know if that appeals and if I see any mentioned between now and then, I will try and remember to let you know.

This is not technically top side, but might be worth your time:
Cozumel Coral Reef Restoration Program
My family and I will participate in the program, after we get trained, we will have something we can do every-time we go there.
As stated, we have not done it, but will be there at the end of the month working with German

Last edited:
Here are just a few ideas:

Definitely contact Adrian Cozumel if you're adventuresome.
Welcome to Adrian Cozumel, private Cozumel Excursions

Yoga at Hotel B every morning

Rent a car from Rentadora ISIS and tour the east side
Cozumel - Isis Rentadora - Cozumel, Mexico

Lay in a hammock on the beach and get a massage at Punta Moreno

San Gervasio Ruins

Punta Sur Beach park and Lighthouse

Do a scenic flyover Cozumel with Fly Cozumel
Fly Cozumel | Cozumel Excursions, Scenic Flights & Airplane Charters

Try Paddle Boarding with Rene at Ha Haak Paddleboarding
Ha-Haak Paddleboarding Cozumel

Check out the live Salsa Music at Sky Reef on Sunday afternoons

Live Music at Money Bar Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6 - 9pm

Take the ferry across and visit Tulum or Coba (or both)

also on the mainland, Xel-Ha park, XPlor park or Xcaret park (stay for the evening show)

Here's a couple more:

Tons of ruins and cenotes are dotting the island. Finding a few and meeting those who know some of their locations could be a fun adventure.

While not a tourist attraction, the local Mayan and Spanish speaking communities also are wonderful to visit.

There's great stories and beautiful cultures to share a moment, human to human.

My friend went home with a repaired pair of sandals from one of local cobblers. I've enjoyed days with the repair shops doing petty projects and appreciated the ingenuity necessity builds.

Cameron

Authentic “Mexican” cooking class. I have not done it yet but hope to one visit. This is one I had heard of. Maybe others.

Cozumel Chef | Josefina's Mexican Cooking Classes
I'm glad you mentioned this class. Several years ago my sister and I took one of Josephina's classes. We had a great time at the market, making tortillas and learning some fabulous recipes. I still get many compliments on making guacamole using her recipe.

Mid week we usually take a day off from diving. In the morning it is fun to walk around town and do some shopping (Christmas gifts for family, but I usually keep half of it, resorting to Etsy after I get home for the remainder). During mid-afternoon afternoon, the beach clubs start winding down(less cruisers and children). We will play a version of the Amazing Race with some of the inflatable games i.e. scaling the side of a 'mountain', balance contests and best trampoline dismount. More fun with a group, but a fun way to spend a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom