Looking for spares for an LMF compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there i'm trying to get a replacement set of piston rings for my compressor it was built by SAS in the uk and uses an LMF pump, model K300 went to LMF directly and their price was criminal. Maybe there is someone who might have some???? Help

Hi, Ive got an LMF compressor too (7cfm dont know the model no) and have been scouting around the internet for parts suppliers and information. Unfortunately the only reccomendation I have had for parts is LMF themselves and information on the compressors is scarce/non existant. I was warned the parts were very expensive but I wasnt quite sure how expensive that was.

Id be intrested to know the price they quoted you for the parts as I was considering replacing the 3rd stage piston rings on my machine in the long term. Your quote might make me think again:wink:.

Kev

i to have a lmf by sas . could you post there web site .iam trying to id my pump and get parts .Run the old girl up to pressure today 3500psi just, so much for 4500 psi on the lable, still not bad for something made in 1987 .just needs some tlc

old thread I know but I was facing the same problem as the rest of you with an old LMF compressor I was trying to restore. Turns out (I didn't know before 2 weeks ago) it's a V12 compressor, made in 1982 but actually designed back in 1973/74....

Prior to 2 weeks ago, I'd just about given up, and sent mail off to LMF directly on the off chance of getting some info from them. Didn't hold up much hope frankly.... Literally the next working day I got an email back and they were able to get a pdf manual of the compressor, with schematics allowing me to id parts I needed to replace, within 3-4 days. Amazing customer service for something designed nearly 40 years ago!! I work in the IT industry and have NEVER seen service like that.

Anyway, I stripped the compressor down and identified that the 3rd stage pressure valve had a broken spring, so need to get a replacement valve. I'm just waiting to hear back from them with a quote for the replacement part.

Anyway, for anyone with an old LMF compressor looking for manuals, I'd highly recommended contacting LMF directly. BTW, the schematics seem to identify the parts plus their actual sizes/dimensions, so I'm guessing this may be enough to get OEMd parts elsewhere. e.g. for piston rings ?

Regardless, because of the brilliant service I've received from them I probably will be inclined to buy the parts off them unless the bill is 4 digits!

thanks,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom