Looking for spots to shore dive in Munising area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you ever come this way, feel free to contact us.

Also, DudleyNMU... Heard about the black rocks, but what are they? I know I can look it up in a book, but sometimes it's nice to get someone's opinion. Where are they located? Shore or boat dive? Thanks for any info that you can give me. I appreciate it.

Resurrecting an old thread ... Does anyone have any recent experience shore diving in the Munising area? Or possibly Marquette? It looks like I may be up there next week and I'd love to get in a shore dive or two.

The Black Rocks off of Presque Isle Park in Marquette sounds very interesting. Does anyone have any specifics on shore diving there? I'm having trouble finding many details on the site, where to park, site entry, depth, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
We visited there a couple years back and watched the college kids jump from the cliffs (20ft+ down) but didn't dive it. Someone here may have better information but if not I would attempt to enter at the very northern point. (Presque Isle Point) That area has a nice parking area and more of the beach water entry I believe. We're heading up about the same time. We're taking a charter boat in Munising on Friday. Maybe we'll try to catch a shore dive as well.

We visited there a couple years back and watched the college kids jump from the cliffs (20ft+ down) but didn't dive it. Someone here may have better information but if not I would attempt to enter at the very northern point. (Presque Isle Point) That area has a nice parking area and more of the beach water entry I believe. We're heading up about the same time. We're taking a charter boat in Munising on Friday. Maybe we'll try to catch a shore dive as well.

I was on the boat with you guys last Friday. I should have mentioned ScubaBoard but it slipped me mind. I didn't see your post until today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom