Looking for sturdy bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For carry-on, we use Pelican Air 1535. It's the maximum size the airlines will allow (at least that's the case in the USA) and is pretty light. We put our regulators, dive computers, and a handful of other small things like batteries in there. All my other gear goes into a regular suitcase that gets checked. AA has a limit of 70lbs for checked bags and that's been plenty for the remainder of my dive gear that isn't in the carry-on. I pack a mares cruise mesh deluxe ($50 USD) for using on the boat. When I travel it goes inside the checked suitcase.

I also carry a laptop backpack as my "personal item/purse".

For carry-on, we use Pelican Air 1535. It's the maximum size the airlines will allow (at least that's the case in the USA) and is pretty light. We put our regulators, dive computers, and a handful of other small things like batteries in there. All my other gear goes into a regular suitcase that gets checked. AA has a limit of 70lbs for checked bags and that's been plenty for the remainder of my dive gear that isn't in the carry-on. I pack a mares cruise mesh deluxe ($50 USD) for using on the boat. When I travel it goes inside the checked suitcase.

I also carry a laptop backpack as my "personal item/purse".
Similar to you, I use those Pelican air cases for checked Scuba luggage. I haven't had any issue with them on trips to, USA, UK, Aus and Mex.
I use an Apeks Dry 75 backpack for my dive bag. It's awesome and tough. It shows no sign of wear after 3 years and dozens of dive outings.

I like the bags from 511 Tactical. They come in a variety of sizes and have lots of MOLLE attachments. They are very sturdy. These allow you to attach pockets and pouches in many different configurations to meet your needs. Anything breakable can go into Pelican cases inside the soft sided bag.

I migrated to Stahlsac, and have been very happy. Low weight, high durability.

I use a North Face duffel, weighs nothing and if you can live without wheels is all you need. They are all but indestructible. I have had mine more than 10 years and it is still going strong. A bit worn on the outside from being dragged around but the zippers and straps are all good and hold everything I need on a trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom