Looking for TDI Trimix classmate March 11th and 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RochesterUE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning a trip from NY to FL in March for some warm water diving and training. Headed to Dayo Scuba in Orlando.

I am planning on taking the TDI Decompression Procedures course on March 9th and 10th, followed by TDI Trimix on March 11th and 12th. In order to run the course with a more reasonable fee, I'm looking for someone to join me for the Trimix course, and even the deco if you're interested.

The course would be $499 for Trimix and $299 for deco.

I am in no way affiliated with the shop or instructors, just hoping to find someone to take the course with me.

Please get in contact with me if you're interested!

Thank you

Four days to get from no deco cert to trimix... That's a tough one. Takes me two days longer to do a Helitrox Deco class (only one deco gas). Not trying to diss anyone but that simply sounds impossible... how many dives a day?

Four days to get from no deco cert to trimix... That's a tough one. Takes me two days longer to do a Helitrox Deco class (only one deco gas). Not trying to diss anyone but that simply sounds impossible... how many dives a day?

Agreed

I'm assuming 4 for each class, so 2 a day. Seems fairly reasonable, no?

I'm assuming 4 for each class, so 2 a day. Seems fairly reasonable, no?

No, actually it does not.

Eight dives may meet the minimum standards... I do not have 'em in front of me... but there are additional requirements for classroom sessions and simple practice, gear configuration and related time.

Also, four straight days of multiple staged decompression dives every day is, in my opinion, unreasonable. Hope you find a partner to share the experience. Any please post a review of the course and what you come away with.

Are you already Advanced Nitrox certified? That's a factor in this. If not then you might want to double check the schedule and what you'll actually be doing. FYI, just the TDI Trimix class I teach is a minimum of 4 days.

Are you already Advanced Nitrox certified? That's a factor in this. If not then you might want to double check the schedule and what you'll actually be doing. FYI, just the TDI Trimix class I teach is a minimum of 4 days.

I too wondered that, Rob. And assumed he must be. Otherwise, four days is a totally impossible ask. Yep, my helitrox deco class is minimum of six days and trimix to 60 metres is minimum of four.

No, actually it does not.

Eight dives may meet the minimum standards... I do not have 'em in front of me... but there are additional requirements for classroom sessions and simple practice, gear configuration and related time.

Also, four straight days of multiple staged decompression dives every day is, in my opinion, unreasonable. Hope you find a partner to share the experience. Any please post a review of the course and what you come away with.

Noted, thank you for your input.

Right now it looks like I will be doing deco procedures, two day break, then trimix.

Indeed I am, and have been diving at that level for some time. I also logged ~70 dives in the past 12 months, so I would consider myself fairly current.

Dayo is a great facility and TJ a superb instructor. You will learn a lot and safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom