looking for travel backplate reccomendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares XR skeletonized aluminum plate. 1.5 lbs dry weight. I've also seen where someone attached a backpack to a stainless plate with a few book screws and used it as a personal item for carryon (reducing checked luggage weight). Pretty slick.

Mares XR skeletonized aluminum plate. 1.5 lbs dry weight. I've also seen where someone attached a backpack to a stainless plate with a few book screws and used it as a personal item for carryon (reducing checked luggage weight). Pretty slick.
You could wear one of mine under your shirt and claim it’s a medical back brace.

You know, I've posed that same question to airline check-agents over the years. In my experience, they always think it is. :wink:

Those nassty check-in agentsess, wanna deprive us of 2 more pounds of life-saving prresciousss. Here's an idea: pay them an extra $25 and check in the sharpies and the non-essentials like toothbrush and change of underwear, and solve the weight problem that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom