looking for very specific regulator design...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blac86

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys I'm looking at creating a monkey diving rig from the ground up but one of the things I'm stuck on is first stages.

What I'm looking for is a balanced piston first stage with only one hp port three ip ports, with one of the ip ports being a straight through.

Are atomic first stages sealed? They have more than I want but some of them are still very light.

Yes. You can seal any Atomic first stage, whether or not they come that way.
The environmental seal is $6-12, plus cost of Christolube.

If hose routing works for you, try the no-turret Z2 on the used market. A bargain, and if sealed, will last forever.

If weight is the key, then of course you could go titanium. Once again eBay has regularly appearing T2's, though rarely alone. If you want one, PM me. $400 serviced and sealed.

T2 first stage (yoke): 0.95 lb
Z2 first stage: 1.6 lb

Why limit the number of ports?
There are plenty of regs with more but I cant think of a single one with a straight through end port with 3LP and 1HP.

Nearest to your wish is a very early Scubapro MK5 (might be called the MK1) with 1 plus 1.
Next a MK8 with 4 plus 2.

Why limit the number of ports?
There are plenty of regs with more but I cant think of a single one with a straight through end port with 3LP and 1HP.

Nearest to your wish is a very early Scubapro MK5 (might be called the MK1) with 1 plus 1.
Next a MK8 with 4 plus 2.
Well really I only need two ip (primary and backup) but I might also use a drysuit so being able to hook up an lpi with bringing a drysuit bottle would be nice. In general though I won't have an air bladder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom