Looking for XXL full face snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimfw650

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a full face snorkel mask that comes in XXL (or something larger than the standard "L/XL")? I've tried two of the L/XL and i'm afraid my head/face/nose are just too big. I can only wear that size for a few minutes before the pressure on the bridge of my nose starts to cause me a lot of pain. One time i even came away with an agonizing bruise that lasted several days.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Which brands have you tried?

It's not so much the size label, but the size measurements for each size which are different.

E.g. Ocean Reef Aria below

IMG_0328.JPG

And Decathlon Easybreath mask below

IMG_0329.JPG

The sizes don't seem to match each other.

The Decathlon M/L appears larger than the Ocean Reef L/XL.
(Please, no jokes about being French)

Last edited:
I don't really remember the brands i tried. They were both rentals from a place in Hawaii. The owner took pity on me when he saw how badly i did with the first one, but then the second one was almost as bad. I see your point about looking at measurements. How do those measurement numbers take into account things like nose size/length? Do you know which brands are known for making masks for the "full faced" gentleman?

Thanks again.

I don't really remember the brands i tried. They were both rentals from a place in Hawaii. The owner took pity on me when he saw how badly i did with the first one, but then the second one was almost as bad. I see your point about looking at measurements. How do those measurement numbers take into account things like nose size/length? Do you know which brands are known for making masks for the "full faced" gentleman?

Thanks again.

Decathlon sizing is generous. With the M/L being almost too big for me.

But I cannot say that I've compared the depth of the different masks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom