Looking to buy TDI books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking to pick up some TDI books to advance my knowledge. I'm not sure if I'll ever take the courses, but I'm damn well going to try. I would love to find copies of the TDI manuals for advanced nitrox, deco procedures, and the one that compbines extended range and entry trimix. They don't seem to be available used anywhere, including Ebay. And they're pretty expensive to buy new for just light reading.

So if anyone out there wants a few bucks for books that might be gathering dust on the shelf, let me know.

Ken

Ebay is a good source (I bought mine for $25 each) aswell as VisibilityUnlimited

I have an extra copy of advanced nitrox and decompression procedures that I'll sell you as well.

Thank you to those who wrote. But I stumbled upon a trainer who was recommended to me. His prices are extremely reasonable and they include the manuals. So I signed up for the courses in the spring.

If anyone knows someone who wants to take advanced nitrox, deco procedures and entry trimix with me in March, let me know. It's always more fun (and cheaper) with a buddy.

Ken

Dont buy the TDI texts unless you have to. I believe theyre terible waste of money. Nitrox, adv nitrox and deco are almost the same text. TDI relies on the instructor to supplu suplimental info. I just picked up IANTD and NAUI texts. NAUI has some real good books for adv. nitrox deco.

David P:
Dont buy the TDI texts unless you have to. I believe theyre terible waste of money. Nitrox, adv nitrox and deco are almost the same text. TDI relies on the instructor to supplu suplimental info. I just picked up IANTD and NAUI texts. NAUI has some real good books for adv. nitrox deco.

Personally I think every text book you can get hold of and read offers insight and information. When I took TDI Adv. Nitrox//Deco Proc.//Ext. Range//Trimix//Adv. Trimix I used all theTDI manuals and DSATS and one of NAUI's. They all offered good solid info. that my instructor expanded on ...and in TDI the text book chapter reviews you are probably going to be reqrd. to answer and submit and the final course test questions are based on the text materials. Buy and read all you can get your hands on dude!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom