Looking to next summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apenland01

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I hope to have a compressor for next summer, as I will be diving about 2 hours away from a dive shop with fills and I would like to be self sufficient. It seems Bauer and MaxAir are the two main portable compressors that are kept up to date.

Bauer Junior 2 or MaxAir 35 from what I can tell. Are there better choices or is the best I can pick from?

Filling 2-4 tanks over the course of a day. Preferably 2 tanks at a time to keep heat down, but no more than 4 tanks total during the day.

Thoughts?

I hope to have a compressor for next summer, as I will be diving about 2 hours away from a dive shop with fills and I would like to be self sufficient. It seems Bauer and MaxAir are the two main portable compressors that are kept up to date.

Bauer Junior 2 or MaxAir 35 from what I can tell. Are there better choices or is the best I can pick from?

Filling 2-4 tanks over the course of a day. Preferably 2 tanks at a time to keep heat down, but no more than 4 tanks total during the day.

Thoughts?

You need to know how many per week and per month and per year to figure out if the running costs are worth it. The smaller size of the compressor, the more frequent filter changes and required service cycles. If you use it a lot during the year, you will have to change filters more frequently and do valve and other parts service much more frequently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom