Looking to shore dive Cornwall in Dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to be in the Cornwall area December 10th and looking for a buddy to take me on a couple shore dives!

PADI DM with over 200 cold water dive in the Puget Sound and Vancouver Island.

Thanks

Looking to be in the Cornwall area December 10th and looking for a buddy to take me on a couple shore dives!

PADI DM with over 200 cold water dive in the Puget Sound and Vancouver Island.

Thanks

There’s a shop in Plymouth called Aquanauts that has a dive charter boat and seems to have an affiliated club. Might try checking with them to see if you can get hooked up with a club dive or guided shore dive. If you’re okay with boat diving and they’re running, I’d recommend that over shore diving since they have a some nice wrecks and reefs nearby.

It’s been a few years since I was there, but the shop and boat charter were both easy to deal with and very safe as an operator. If you go on their boat, be prepared to hot drop on a shot line for wrecks and shoot an SMB immediately as you leave the wreck.

Bonus features: hot pasties and tea during the surface interval and a diver lift on the boat for exiting the water.

Have fun,

Lance

Aquanauts and InDeep in Plymouth are both excellent although it’s not exactly Cornwall.

I went also with Cornish Diving Centre in Falmouth and they were good too but expect more shore diving there than wreck diving from a boat.

I'd suggest contacting any BSAC clubs in Cornwall. They are usually happy to host a guest diver.

I know Harlyn dive school have stopped boat diving for the winter. Maybe try Porthkerris Divers? They run boats off their beach and have a nice shore dive available. Sheltered from the south westerlies as well. Its going to be a lottery with the weather we're having at the moment though!

I usually dive out of Plymouth with my BSAC club but I do like Cornwall, apart from the way they do their cream teas.

Try these guys - shore guide on line as well

Try these guys - shore guide on line as well

This place is definitely worth a visit. They have onsite accommodation, a dedicate shore diving spot and their own boat.

Hope you are not going to be disappointed. Dived Puget Sound and all the way to Haida Gwaii couple of years back and nothing compares in the UK. Everything in the cold water in Canada was on steroids in comparison to UK

Back
Top Bottom