Looks like a great Place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingindeep

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I found this board browsing around the internet. It looks like a great place to meet fellow divers and get some good information on dive locations.
I've been diving for about two years now and can't get enough of it. Most of my diveing has been off the coast of Louisiana spear fishing at the oil rigs. I have also dove in Cozamel and votex springs in florida. I haven't been much lately, but can't wait to get back to the water.

DivingInDeep

enjoy the board...I think there's one or two guys that spearfish down in the area (the gulf anyway)

have fun

I just found this board myself about a week ago and its great. There are people with all levels of experience and from every background you can imagine.

BTW, I love Louisiana....especially the food. I've been down there 7 or 8 times over the past 5 years, mostly work related trips, but I've attended several LSU baseball games, one basketball game, and of course spent some time on Bourbon Street.

a lot of the dive shops in your area I found are really geared toward the techincal side of diving, do you think it's because the local environment demands a bit more?

Welcome to the board, and tell us more about Lousianna Spear fishing :)

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun here and Dive Safe.

Yes, I do think it’s because the local environment demands it. LA is big on sports, e.g.: hunting and fishing. There are also lots of underwater welders and such for the off shore oil rigs.

If you like to fish you'll love spear fishing. There is nothing like getting to go down and pick out the fish you want. A great book about it is called "Hell Divers". I actually know a few people that are mentioned in the book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom