Loose Adapter Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prandyulo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would anyone have discovered a DIY solution to loose threads? My aluminum Patima housing can't keep its 67mm thread tight enough on my macros lens. I tried using lockthread and it worked for quite some time until I decided to remove the adapter (67 mm for AD lens) to accommodate regular 67mm macro lenses. I had a hard time removing it so I'm looking for alternatives to insert a new adapter which won't tighten and always comes loose.

You really need to add additional material then re-machine your thread form. If you can find some JB Weld, that would be my first attempt. I'd add just enough to fill the threads in a few areas then try to re-cut the threads using a trashed lens with good threads. you will likely need to cut some relief slots in the lens threads to allow chip clearance and act as a tap. If you are just looking at getting the adapter for the AD mount in permanently, then little JB Weld and screw it on and forget it. Good luck

Thanks for taking time to reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom