Loosen Reg hoses before flying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adelore

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I have heard that if you put your regulators in checked luggage you should loosen the hoses before flying. Is this true?

Mine go in carry on along with computers, backplate wing mask booties and fins. That way if they lose my luggage all I have to rent is wetsuit. Since the backplate blocks the xray it gets searched but hey my trip doesn't get ruined.

Hi everyone,

I have heard that if you put your regulators in checked luggage you should loosen the hoses before flying. Is this true?

Coil loosely, which is not the same as loosen them.

I always stay in control of life support gear. Carry on. I’ll wear um as jewelry if I have to!

Cute necklace huh?

Hi everyone,

No

Sometimes I forget to tighten the bolts in my neck and get a bit too much bobblehead

Reactions: Doc
Mine go in carry on along with computers, backplate wing mask booties and fins. That way if they lose my luggage all I have to rent is wetsuit. Since the backplate blocks the xray it gets searched but hey my trip doesn't get ruined.
Whatever they use to scan isn't blocked by the backplate. I've seen the image of the ice inside my stainless yeti tumbler. It sees all your gear in your carryon and because what we carry is so complex they often flag it for a look. What gets worse is that I usually go out to check the cows before heading to the airport so they usually find traces of nitrates or something when they swab things and then they do a more thorough search. I have global entry. Price we pay for fun.

I did not know that I thought I thought it was the backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom