Lost and a question of ethics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is the kind of DM who will most likely lead new divers to a 100 feet and think it's ok. If she were in a class of mine she'd be kicked out and not very nicely.

Why would a DM be in your class?

Lost; no longer possessed or retained - forfeited, gone

Maybe you should have taken better care of it

While this is basically true, it is not an attitude that makes you welcome on the next dive, it it is one of those you are diving with that you lay this attitude on.

In my opinion, the OP showed real class, by his actions, while the DM showed herself to have no class at all, by hers.

I don't disagree, but if the OP hadn't lost it in the first place then we wouldn't have this thread which should be in whine & cheese not lost & found

Care to help karma along and post the DM's name and/or the name of the shop? I'd love to know so that I don't get stuck with that DM on my boat...

knife was bought in Calgary - lost in Honduras. It also lost the sheath, i guess both zipties failed - my fault on that one. After she kept it, on my last day at the shop I brought the box+accessories(rubber strap) to give to her.

The look on her face of "oh wow how nice a box too!" was kind of priceless.

knife was bought in Calgary - lost in Honduras. It also lost the sheath, i guess both zipties failed - my fault on that one. After she kept it, on my last day at the shop I brought the box+accessories(rubber strap) to give to her.

The look on her face of "oh wow how nice a box too!" was kind of priceless.

Your response was classic. Seriously, what kind of a-hole thinks to themself "Look at this great knife I found! A guy I was diving with dropped it and I found it, and instead of giving it back to him, I kept it! Aren't I a great person!"

Please be sure to follow up and let everyone know where this d-bag works. Most people, except maybe Tortuga68, would not want to dive with this person. What if you accidentally lose a weight during a dive? Would she pick it up and keep it instead of giving it back to you?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom