Lost and a question of ethics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That totally sucks.. Even though this thread is pretty old, hehe.

The way I see it.. I would be annoyed, but I wouldn't feel as though I had the 'right' to be angry with her, considering I lost the knife in the first place.. But she definitely wouldn't earn any respect in my book. Nor the DM. I don't feel like it would be her responsibility to return a lost knife (that may or may not have been yours), but I definitely wouldn't be interested in diving or spending time with people like that.

It's her own deal.. She is that 'type of person' (as far as we can discern from this particular situation, and there's no end to people like this) and she will (and probably has) lost friends, etc over it, as she deserves to. I would write it off as a learning experience, write my name on more of my gear, and just be glad it wasn't some multiple thousand dollar item like camera housing or something (that would hopefully be strapped to your bc somehow anyway :p)

That totally sucks.. Even though this thread is pretty old, hehe.

The way I see it.. I would be annoyed, but I wouldn't feel as though I had the 'right' to be angry with her, considering I lost the knife in the first place.. But she definitely wouldn't earn any respect in my book. Nor the DM. I don't feel like it would be her responsibility to return a lost knife (that may or may not have been yours), but I definitely wouldn't be interested in diving or spending time with people like that.

It's her own deal.. She is that 'type of person' (as far as we can discern from this particular situation, and there's no end to people like this) and she will (and probably has) lost friends, etc over it, as she deserves to. I would write it off as a learning experience, write my name on more of my gear, and just be glad it wasn't some multiple thousand dollar item like camera housing or something (that would hopefully be strapped to your bc somehow anyway :p)

You are right. It is an old thread.

Even if it wasn't your knife, if I found one and knew you had lost one, I would almost certainly give the one I had found to you (or give you mine and keep the found one, if I were that taken with it). To do otherwise speaks poorly of her character.

This is exactly what I would do. Maybe she's just generally, er, needy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom