Lost and Found for SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lost: Hollis F1 Fins at Redondo Beach, CA

I checked the surf reports and 1-2' didn't sound so bad. Getting in was cake but nothing could have prepared me for the set of tsunamis that came in while I was trying to get out.

At a little less than knee deep, I couldn't exactly duck under the massive wall of NOPE that knocked me down to my hands and knees. But with one hand on my mask and the other securely holding my precious fins, "No problem!" I thought. I could see, I could breathe, and I was pretty darn calm. So I threw my fins, one at a time, as far up the beach as I could in preparation for my embarrassing, sandy crawl out of the ocean.

Oh, I should mention that standing back up was not exactly an option with my two side mount LP85s and full underwater camera rig. Especially not after that two hour dive. I was exhausted.

As I was making little to no progress crawling up the beach, a second massive wall of NOPE came in and gently whispered to me, "Say goodbye to your fins." I was beached like a whale and had no choice but to watch them disappear.

Anyway, in summation, I lost a pair of Hollis F1s at Veterans Park in Redondo Beach just North of the stairs. There was a bit of a long shore current running to the North, so hopefully they don't wind up under the pier or in the harbor. But if anyone finds them, they're worth one beer a piece. (Two pieces are required for reward, though.) They say "ABE" on them. That's me, Abe. Cheers!

... hopefully they don't wind up under the pier or in the harbor.!

There's going to be a clean-up dive around the pier on Sept 16. They may turn up then.
Newsletter

I hate loosing gear. I hope you find your fins.

I let a friend borrow my 90cm Pathos Laser Open Pro speargun. He lost it in the Point Loma kelp beds. Let me know if you find it. Thanks!

Stuff lost at vets frequently ends up far from where it was dropped. The two fins I recently found (posted earlier on this board and still unclaimed - anyone know a Vets diver with the initials of CK?) were found in 50-60' of water northeast of the new monument. They were probably lost in the surf zone.

Lost an Aqua Lung mask (black with black skirt) and Red Tusa Snorkel at Vet's park in the surf zone right off the stairs on 11/11. Mask has prescription readers added.

Easy%20Entry_zpszdixv7vh.gif

There was just a post on the Facebook So Cal Scuba Dive Exchange group about a lot of found equipment from Vet's Park, including a dive computer with a dive on 11/23/17. Take a look if you lost anything there recently and your holidays might be a little brighter

From So Cal Scuba Dive Exchange

Peter Bortoli
December 22 at 11:11pm

Found lost gear
FREE
Los Angeles, CA
I was at Redondo beach veterans park Friday

The staff that works for LA County beach and harbors. They Came to me, it was brought to my attention that dive gear was left behind at the beach there... they were kind enough to take with them and store it..

They said they waited for 4 wks now. For someone to claim it. They asked me if I wanted it. I told them I would accept it. Will try to locate the owner..

Part of gear is a computer, shows last dive Thursday 11/23/17, As for rest of gear, Tank, Bc, reg set, please PM me, if u can identify specifically what gear I have. I would very much like to return to the right owner.

Back
Top Bottom