Lost camera & strobes, end of Colombia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cicopo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Lost this AM while waiting to re board boat.Slipped off of wrist when another diver's reg snagged my buoy & I worked to untangle them. Lost after diving Colombia Deep. Easy to see because each strobe has an orange cup cozy on it. Contact info is on memory card both as a photo & in a text file. Diving with Tres Pelicanos & staying at Hotel Cozumel.There is also a small ID tag in the housing.

Larry

Lost this AM while waiting to re board boat.Slipped off of wrist when another diver's reg snagged my buoy & I worked to untangle them. Lost after diving Colombia Deep. Easy to see because each strobe has an orange cup cozy on it. Contact info is on memory card both as a photo & in a text file. Diving with Tres Pelicanos & staying at Hotel Cozumel.There is also a small ID tag in the housing.

Larry

Noo Sorry to hear this Larry!
I've notified my guys and also posted this in our Dive Shop owners group as well as Cozumel 4 You - hope it is found and returned in good shape!

That's a real downer. :( I hope someone finds it and gets it back to you without extorting a finder's fee from you as was discussed in another thread. A reward is one thing - extortion is something else.

Good luck! I really hope you get it back!

Cheers - M²

Thank's Christi, that's very helpful. A bad ending to the first dive this trip. Should have a few nice Eagle Ray shots on the card. An honest person will have no trouble tracking me down & I'm here for a while.
I'm learning how to type on a tiny keyboard with big fingers & it's a pain.

praying for an honest person to find it for you! I'm so sorry it happened on your first dive. Good luck.
I hope you are able to continue to enjoy your dives.

So sorry Larry I really hope it is found.

Keep the faith Larry, I,lost my camera first week of January and a captain and dm on another boat found it. I used this forum and i got it back.

Thanks for the positive thinking. I'm relatively confident about a positive outcome. It will be hard to do my usual trip report without photos. I can't remember the last time I dove without a camera.

You can borrow my point and shoot if you want to. You take way better pictures than I do. Look for me at lunch time or I am planning on going to la perlita for lionfish around six if you and your crew want to join. Anyone else who would like to join are welcome also. Hope you get the rig back soon.

That's very kind of you but I wouldn't feel right using it plus I depend on the 2 strobes for light and shoot in RAW for better color correction when editing.

Back
Top Bottom