Lost dive light Palancar Gardens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm always curious when I read about a lost piece of dive gear, whether it's a camera, or a dive computer or a light. For the purposes of learning from the mistakes of others, exactly how was it lost?

I lost a light once- I had it on a quick release on a retractor- so I could hold it without the pressure of the retractor if I so desired. I was exploring the USS SanDiego wreck off Long Island, inside a hold, and I was so task focused that after I was done with my light, I simply let it go, thinking it was still attached to the retractor, but of course it wasn't or you wouldn't be reading this.

I lost a backup dive computer once because the retractor broke as I was working my way along the tag line in heavy current. No more retractors on pieces of gear that aren't attached a second way (such as the dump valve on my BCD) or my backup dive computer that lives inside a BCD pocket.

I lost a dive light once on Palancar Gardens. I was using my Zeagle Brigade that has zippered weight pockets with a rip cord release system. I learned if you put any thing in the wrong pocket it will just slip through the bottom. Luckily it was a cheap light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom