lost files on sd card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
does anyone know of a restoring software to rescue a few files that my go pro deleted - i know theres some that claim free trial but its only a free trial to see if the files can be found- after that you have to pay to actually restore them is there any software that gives a trial including restore option?

Go pro 3 and using MAC

First - DO NOT USE the card for any reason until you rescue the files. If you use the card the files you want will be overwritten

I've rescued photos using Photorec in the past with success. Apparently there is a MAC version but I've only used it under Linux. It's Free software.

PhotoRec - Digital Picture and File Recovery

Recover Data Like a Forensics Expert Using an Ubuntu Live CD

I'm a linux user so for me it's relatively straightforward to use a linux LIVE CD for jobs like this - maybe not so much for some Mac users.

You can use this from the Ubuntu Live CD without needing to install anything to your hard drive. Just create bootable Cd or USB key with the Ubuntu live image on it - there are tutorials all over the net for this - just google Ubuntu live CD.

The interface is text only so not particularly user friendly but the software IS good at pulling deleted photos off your media.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom