Lost of Weight Pocket - Seaquest Pro QD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have lost a weight pocket, I have seen others loose them and I have found many on the bottom. I also argued with manufacturers about the design. Of course, they told me I was wrong. Now, most are changing their designs. Divers put too much of their weight on the waist and in the poskets anyway. Two questions you should answer about your weight system before buying equipment is: How much of your weight do you need to ditch? How do you keep fro ditching it on accident?

I dive a Seaquest Black Diamond and to avoid the possiblity of the weight pocket detaching I have sown a 50mm fastec male clip to the back region of the outside weight pocket and the female cip to the edge of the velcro intergrated weight pouch - this works a treat and in the unlikly event of having to ditch - locate the handles just behind is the clip - unclip hold the females pull forward - hold lookdown and drop. Use the Scubapro BC s as an example.

sharkman101 once bubbled...
I heard a "thud" and looked down to see my ditchable wieghts on the bottom of the ocean floor.

(snip)
I had 10 lbs in that pocket, which it is supposed to be able to hold)

Not that it changes the fact that you lost your weights....but...

My question is this: If you dropped 10 lbs and didn't bolt to the surface...how overweighted were you?

It was simple and cheap and the final results are good.
Ditching requires a little more practice because now you have a positive locking system.
The vendors don't want you to modify it, they want you to buy their new model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom