Lost the plugs....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I knew it would happen.....I lost the rubber port plugs for the fiber optic cord on my PT-EP03. Any idea where to get replacements and what the heck is the proper name for the silly things...

Exactly...$3.00 @, O-ring for the Oly housing,21.95, but $20.00 for shipping....Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

Exactly...$3.00 @, O-ring for the Oly housing,21.95, but $20.00 for shipping....Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

I live in Asia so this is where I shop. I was simply pointing out the item that you requested since I had it bookmarked.

Oh JD I wasn't dissing you....It just amazes me what stuff that you can stuff in an envelope could cost to mail.. I appreciate the help so much...

I knew it would happen.....I lost the rubber port plugs for the fiber optic cord on my PT-EP03. Any idea where to get replacements and what the heck is the proper name for the silly things...

Just wondering why you were really concerned about these plugs? Does the small amount of flash that escapes through the holes effect the shots at all? I'm new to the camera and housing myself and noticed I lost one as well.

Just wondering why you were really concerned about these plugs? Does the small amount of flash that escapes through the holes effect the shots at all? I'm new to the camera and housing myself and noticed I lost one as well.

No noticeable effect on photos but the plugs are handy when you need to make a new fiber optic cable. You make a small hole and push a new cut off cable into the plug. Without the plug you will also need to keep the port flushed after use. I got a few spares from Reef Photo because they work in almost all ports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom