Lost weight - seals not fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

themagni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone.

Over the last 8 weeks, I've lost about 10 pounds. I'm now down to a reasonably fit 175. I've been biking to work and using a Wii Fit.

I bought my drysuit when I was 190, and now I think the neoprene seals aren't fitting. There's a fair bit of water getting in, and from what I can tell, the valves are in good shape. (I took them apart, checked them out, took them to a dive shop, etc.) The inflator valve's o-rings are in near-perfect condition.

That leaves either pinhole leaks or the seals. The last time I checked, the suit was airtight. With somewhat less padding on the neck, a badly-fitting seals is quite possible.

What can I do to get the seals to fit better? I don't want to buy new seals, as I'm not sure how stable this weight will be once I stop biking. (I drive the kids to daycare during the school year.)

Thank you.

What can I do to get the seals to fit better? I don't want to buy new seals, as I'm not sure how stable this weight will be once I stop biking. (I drive the kids to daycare during the school year.)

Thank you.
Neoprene seals can be resized. You need to cut a wedge of material out (Usually the old seam) and then reglue the seam. You then stitch one side of the seam. (The side that doesn't come into contact with the skin.)

I'll see if I can find a linky that shows pictures of the process.

Or try a bio neck seal to see if thats the problem.
My wife had the same thing happen, using the Bio neck seal confirmed the problem. I guess I need to put new seals on the suit, again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom